Friday, July 25, 2008

I started a story today...










...on a family of Burmese refugees.  A family of 7 were reunited with 3 other family members, who have been in Allentown for a year now, a week ago.  Today is the day they all started moving in together, and the first day I met them.  I was a little overwhelmed with the fact that so many people were moving in, with the help of their case worker and an intern from Catholic Charities, and the fact that they didn't speak English.  Eventually, they hope to house 12 people in the house, when they are able to bring a set of the family's grandparents over.  It's been a while since I've been this excited about a story... I wish I had more than just a couple weeks to work on it.  The family is so sweet, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my time in Allentown with them.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you have a great start...kind of reminds me of the refugee story from pj